Interselektie is looking for a field Engineer for a high tech company who wants to work in the Rotterdam area. Do you know everything about communication systems and do you want to work for an international company?
Field Engineer is employed at the Field Service Department responsible for installation, service and maintenance of equipment and solutions withi Maritime business area.
Field Engineer reports to the Manager Field Service Europe & America and ultimately to the Director Field Service & Partner Management.
Installation, service and maintenance of those equipment and solutions offered within the Maritime Product Portfolio.
Responsibilities and Authorization
Responsibility and authorization are in accordance with the processes relevant to this position.
- Field Engineer is responsible for the work and activities related to installation, service and maintenance of VSAT, Network equipment and other VAS on projects executed abroad;
- Direct technical support to local partner engineers during installation, service and maintenance of these products within portfolio;
- Evaluation of local partner engineers? quality of work, execution of their trainings and certification;
- Direct technical support to Technical Operations during fault identification on all products under Maritime;
- Implementation of pilot projects or new technologies and preparation of appropriate and detailed documentation related to these projects;
- Creation and archiving detailed documentation from installations, services and maintenances of all Maritime Product;
- Responsibility for completion of the installation with successful operation on time with respect to agreed installation plan;
- Provide consultations to customers;
- Cooperate with other departments to solve technical problems on Maritime products;
- Cooperate with other departments on operational issues;
- Assist and execute tests on a new / unknown equipment in cooperation with other Departments of the company.
- Fluent in English and preferably other international languages;
- Preferably with Good understanding of the satellite communications technology;
- Preferably an in-depth knowledge of C-Band and Ku-Band VSAT satellite communications systems and Inmarsat terminals;
- IT skills are essential - IP and network but not limited to Network administration;
- Demonstrated technical knowledge and strong troubleshoot skills;
- Able to learn and adapt to new issues and handle multiple tasks effectively in a fast-paced environment;
- Must demonstrate a strong commitment to quality; and adherence to practices, procedures, and meeting deadlines;
- Preferably experience from serving multi-national customers;
- Good physically. Must be able to lift heavy equipment and climb into confined antenna spaces;
- The candidate should preferably be familiar with working in the marine electronics environment on cruise ships, yachts, and industrial vessels;
- Medically cleared and fit to work in offshore / Maritime environment. Must able to complete BOSIET;
- Higher education in IT, Datacom or Telecom (bachelor degree);
Main Attitude Competences
- Able to handle stress and able to work under time pressure;
- Able to support and communicate with customers in a professional manner;
- Team player with ability to independently solving his tasks;
- Complies with agreements;
- Actively and continuously increase knowledge level by self-studying and trainings;
- Actively share knowledge within the organization;
- Customer oriented in reflection and action;
- Flexible to perform also other tasks outside the scope of his/her main role
- Capability to work worldwide, both independently and in cooperation with others under a high workload;
- Must be flexible to work and travel varying schedules, including evening and weekends;
- Positive and result oriented;
- Problem solver, structured and systematic working methods;
- Prioritize correctly under pressure;
- Personal or company credit card with a limitation for at least 5000,- euros to be used when on travel for the company.
Wat bieden wij
What do we offer:
- A very challenging position within a technical organization where there is plenty of development;
- A basic salary between 2500 and 3000 euros per month with additional allowances;
- A contract directly employed by the client;
- A friendly team with many growth opportunities.
If you are interested in this position, respond via the button. If that doesn't work or if you want more information, mail to email@example.com